2 Days Till 4/20!
Last Updated on Wednesday, 7 May 2014 09:31
Written by theglasshousetx
Friday, 18 April 2014 10:12
The greatest day of the year is only 2 days away! Easter! Just kidding. 420!
Many myths and rumors surround 420 – how did it get the name, after all? The Huffington Post did some digging and posted an article about it last year on April 20. You can check out the full story here, but the recap is below.
In 1971, a group of five friends known as the Waldos for always hanging out at the same wall outside the school, heard a rumor that a Coast Guard service member could no longer tend his plot of marijuana plants near the Point Reyes Peninsula Coast Guard station. They met outside the school at 4:20 p.m., after practice, to hunt for the plants and take some of the bud for their own. At first, they were unsuccessful. But they kept at it, meeting at 4:20 and heading to Point Reyes. They never found the patch, according the five original Waldos.
So that’s how 420 began! And we’re glad it did, because now we have the perfect excuse to give our customers amazing freebies!
Stop by the Glass House on Sunday and join the 420 party! Why?
- Music. Dj’s. Deep Ellum on Air recording their podcast. All around good, local entertainment.
- Free food from The Butcher’s Son gourmet food truck. You’re gonna have the munchies, right? So come and get your free munchies, then!
- Giveaways galore! Every $25 spent in the store = 1 raffle ticket, and we will be featuring storewide sales! We’ll have drawings at 2, 3, 5, and 6 – as well as grand prizes at 4:20 (duh).
- Goodie bags for our first 50 customers…and two very special gift bags for our first 2 customers.
- Because we’ll be there. And we’re great company!
Seriously, guys – plan to make a stop at the Glass House on Sunday. The event begins at 2:00 p.m. and sales start at 11:00 a.m. We can’t wait to see you there, and to see you win some gorgeous free glass! Check out the grand prizes pictured on our Facebook page and let us know what you’re looking forward to most about this 420!