A Cure for the Common Cold
Last Updated on Wednesday, 5 February 2014 11:46
Written by theglasshousetx
Wednesday, 5 February 2014 11:46
‘Tis the season for sickness, am I right? When the weather forecast is 60 degrees one day and 35 the next, your poor little immune system just doesn’t know what to do. So it wreaks havoc on your body in the form of the flu, the common cold, bronchitis, and other icky ish. In fact, right now there are probably more than a handful of people reading the Yahoo answers to questions like “will smoking make my cold worse” and “can marijuana ease my flu symptoms.” Well, you can stop asking Yahoo. We’re here to help. Those people are freaky anyway.
Here’s the deal: don’t smoke when you have a cold. Or the flu. Or especially bronchitis. You were really on Yahoo! answers because you wanted someone to convince you that what you already know is mistaken, and smoking is no big deal when you’re sick. But you know it and we know it. Smoke will irritate your already irritated respiratory system. It will take you longer to get better, which means it will take you longer to really enjoy the taste again. Plain and simple – don’t do it.
That’s the bad news. Now for the good news!
If you have a vaporizer, you’re pretty much in the clear. It’s still a good idea to be careful, of course, and maybe partake a little less, but the vape will be much gentler on your lungs and will give your body the opportunity to recover. Better yet, mix eucalyptus oil, peppermint, or lavender with your stash to help you on your way to recovery.
Edibles are another good option, but you can take it one step further! Hot tea is a given when you’re fighting the winter woes. Why not spike it with a little MJ? Here’s the quick and dirty recipe, thanks to 420 Times:
- Milk (To taste – but the more, the better)
- Water (To taste)
- 1 gram of the good stuff, ground. Or more. Your call.
- Bag of your favorite tea (We suggest the Traditional Medicinal seasonal teas, like Gypsy Cold Care)
- 2 saucepans
- Pour water and milk into saucepan and heat until simmering
- Put your plant into the saucepan, let sit for 15 minutes
- Strain contents of saucepan into second saucepan
- Pour the milk/water mixture into your cup with the teabag.
What’s your magic cure for the common cold?
- Michael Chapman on Aspire
- Featured Artist: Zach Puchowitz | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on NEWS: Buy Online at The Glass House!
- Medical Marijuana Mysteries | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on Cannabis: Science vs. Politics