MJ on Memorial Day
Last Updated on Monday, 26 May 2014 11:47
Written by theglasshousetx
Monday, 26 May 2014 11:47
Memorial Day seems like an appropriate time to think about marijuana in terms of United States veterans and current soldiers. In Colorado today, Operation Grow4Vets hosted the first ever free marijuana giveaway event for veterans. Each veteran attending received a gift bag containing cannabis, cannabis oils, cannabis infused products, and seeds for growing their own supply.
Operation Grow4Vets shares some interesting facts:
- More than 49,000 U.S. servicemen and women have been physically injured in recent military conflicts
- More than 400,000 service members currently battle depression, combat-related stress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and/or traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Over 9.2 million Americans served in Vietnam between 1964 and 1975, and many are receiving care for wounds, injuries, or illness.
- 31% of Vietnam veterans live with PTSD
- Approximately 10,000 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans pour into VA medical facilities each month
- Countless veterans suffer from debilitating chronic pain
- Over 20% of these veterans suffer from PTSD
- Overall, suicides now outnumber combat fatalities by a ratio of more than 25-to-1
Studies continue to confirm that marijuana is a safe, effective treatment for pain, PTSD, and TBI, and can provide our veterans with the relief they need, whether physical or psychological.
Currently, 7 of the 20 states that have legalized medical marijuana include PTSD as a qualifying condition. In those 7 states, cannabis has proven to be a successful treatment, and has allowed many vets to discontinue or cut back on their other prescription medications.
- Michael Chapman on Aspire
- Featured Artist: Zach Puchowitz | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on NEWS: Buy Online at The Glass House!
- Medical Marijuana Mysteries | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on Cannabis: Science vs. Politics