RAW Rolling Papers
Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 01:47
Written by theglasshousetx
Wednesday, 31 July 2013 01:47
Last week, we featured a couple of products with a special emphasis on taking care of the environment and the consumer. Thankfully, more and more companies are popping up with a strong dedication to that cause. RAW is another one of them.
The founder Josh Kesselman had the idea for RAW when his friends purchased “natural” 100% additive-free cigarettes. He looked at the bleach paper the cigarettes were rolled in and thought if they could make the tobacco additive-free, he could make a natural, unbleached, unrefined paper to wrap it in. (You can read a much, much longer version of Josh’s story here.)
RAW Natural Rolling Papers contain a hybrid blend of unbleached fibers, which give it a transluscent light brown color. Each paper is watermarked with RAW’s patented CrissCross watermark to prevent runs and maintain the smoothness of the burn. Arguably one of the best benefits is its taste – using a natural paper provides the least inhibiting taste. Some reviewers have said smoking with RAW papers tastes like smoking through a pipe.
Basically, while none of us are willing to put organic deodorant to the test, RAW rolling papers work!
The following is a list of their products, which of course are available here at the Glass House in a variety of sizes:
- Interleaved Papers (available in both classic and organic hemp)
- Creaseless Papers (available in both classic and organic hemp)
- Rolls (available in both classic and organic hemp)
- Tips (available in regular, perforated, prerolled, cone and gummed)
- Rollers (available in hemp plastic or bamboo)
- Accessories (trays, filters, etc.)
- The Connoisseur™ package – includes rolling papers, tips and a unique outer sleeve with natural rubber band (available in both classic and organic hemp)
- The Artesano package – contains rolling papers, tips and a pop-out spring-loaded rolling tray
Now, RAW has developed a sort of cult following. And for good reason! Not only are Josh & co. doing good things for consumer lungs, but they’re also using their profits for the good of society. For Josh’s birthday, RAW raised enough money to fix the clefts on 8 children. The team also worked together to raise $10,000 for Wine to Water, a non-profit dedicated to creating sustainable solutions to the problem of unclean water, building wells, educating local populations on proper sanitation practices and raising awareness. This donation saved at least 100 children from dying of water-related illnesses.