Sales and Synthetics!
Last Updated on Friday, 22 August 2014 12:12
Written by theglasshousetx
Friday, 22 August 2014 12:12
You guys, skip the synthetic marijuana (or spice, or K2, or whatever you want to call it). Seriously. You might remember that back in May, Texas saw a rash of overdoses from K2, a form of synthetic marijuana that may have been mixed with a little PCP. Just last week, New Hampshire actually issued a public health emergency due to a string of overdoses on a different brand of synthetic marijuana called “Smacked!” Exclamation point included.
So what’s the difference between the media’s definition of a “pot overdose” and “spice overdose”? To start, no one has actually died of a marijuana overdose. The pot overdoses we’ve heard about in the news typically describe the intense high that comes from taking in more than the suggested dose of an edible – it doesn’t hurt anyone, it just feels uncomfortable. We can’t say the same for spice. The biggest problem with synthetics is that you really don’t know what you’re getting. They are sprayed with lab-synthesized chemicals, contain a high level of toxicity, and have caused complications like reduced blood supply to the heart, seizures, and, in extreme cases, death.
At the end of the day, you’re always better off au natural. That’s what she said?
This photo, provided by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, shows synthetic marijuana. New Hampshire has declared an emergency in light of its usage in the state. (AP Photo/Minnesota Department of Human Services)
Now that we’ve gotten our Public Service Announcement out of the way, let us remind you to stop by The Glass House this weekend! At all of our locations, we’re featuring AMAZING back-to-school sales!
- Up to 15% off headys
- Up to 50% off (!!!!!) water pipes, hand pipes, and apparel
- Up to 30% off hookahs, oil rigs, and other accessories
See you this weekend!
- Featured Artist: Zach Puchowitz | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on NEWS: Buy Online at The Glass House!
- Medical Marijuana Mysteries | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on Cannabis: Science vs. Politics
- Brandon on Featured Product: Cloud Vaporizer Pen