Posts Tagged ‘Concentrate Rig’
Teach me how to dab, teach me teach me how to dab…
If you’re ready to graduate from a beginner to a more advanced toker, this post is for you.
Dabbing: what is it, and what’s so great about it?
Dabbing is a slang term for inhaling the vapor from concentrates that results from melting butane, or even solvent-less methods that use ice water or dry ice to extract the good stuff. Because the oil or wax is much more concentrated than plant, a single dab packs much more of a punch than a pipe or vaporizer. It’s also easier on your lungs, as it doesn’t involve inhaling from the butane lighter or taking in any smoke.
Ingredients needed for dabbing:
1. Extract of choice. Wax, oil, or any form of concentrate will do.
2. Oil rig. An oil rig is a water pipe designed for taking a dab. You can also find attachments that will hook right on to your basic pipe. Oil rigs come in two basic styles – the skillet or the nail. A skillet and dome rig attaches to a swing arm with a dome above it that leads to the downstem of the piece. A nail and globe rig consists of a nail made of glass, quartz, or titanium and a glass globe piece that encases the hot nail and contains the vapor.
3. Dabber. The dabber is a small glass or metal piece that is used to dab your extract onto the hot nail or skillet.
4. Handheld torch. You’ll need a small handheld torch or butane lighter to heat the hot nail or skillet before dabbing.
And you’re ready to dab! The process itself is fairly simple. Heat up the hot nail or skillet, and wait until it’s super hot. Take your dabber and scoop up some concentrate. Rub the concentrate onto the hot surface. Watch the vapor fill the pipe and inhale. Unlike smoking or vaporizing, you will immediately feel the difference.
Come by the shop and we’ll show you the oil rigs, butane lighters, concentrates, and other tools we have in stock. Don’t forget to let us know how your first dabbing experience goes!
The Glass House is excited to carry KannaBliss, the “Original 2oz Shot for the Smokin’ Enthusiast.” These liquid shots come in three different formulations – HighVoltage, MagnaHigh, and CouchLock. All contain CouchLock’s base proprietary blend, but they each contain some added benefits to compliment the time of day you enjoy your activities.
- Michael Chapman on Aspire
- Featured Artist: Zach Puchowitz | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on NEWS: Buy Online at The Glass House!
- Medical Marijuana Mysteries | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on Cannabis: Science vs. Politics