The Cannabis Industry: Now Hiring
Last Updated on Friday, 9 May 2014 08:43
Written by theglasshousetx
Friday, 9 May 2014 08:42
Looking for a job? Would you consider a career in the cannabis industry? We expect to see a huge increase in employment opportunities in the next few years, as more states legalize medical and recreational marijuana use. Yesterday at 4:20 p.m., NPR posted a list of jobs for people who want to get in on the ground floor of the “budding” cannabis industry.
Some of the highlights that you may not have expected:
- Instead of a bartender, you can be a “budtender,” inspecting quality and making knowledgeable suggestions to customers.
- Like writing? Become a marijuana journalist. If Whoopi can do it, you can too.
- Grow sites, distributors, and dispensaries will need plenty of employees, from agriculture to production to sales.
- Someone has to plan the Cannabis Cup, Seattle Hempfest, and Kush Expo. Sounds better than planning weddings, y’all.
- Marijuana needs more advocates across the nation – educators to teach the public about the medical benefits of marijuana and petitioners to gather signatures for advocacy groups.
The best job opportunities in this NPR article, though….they’re in the comment section. Of course.
- “They forgot all the jobs that will be created at Taco Bell.”
- Hippie Chick Hula Hoopers. Lookin’ at you, ladies.
- An Archivist to collect, categorize, and thoroughly document the characteristics of each strain. Don’t everyone apply for this one at once, okay?
In other news, the Minnesota Senate passed a bill Tuesday legalizing medical marijuana. The legislation will allow patients to use marijuana in the form of pills, oil and vapor to help with symptoms, but it prohibits them from smoking it. That’s kind of weird, but at least it’s another small victory!
- Michael Chapman on Aspire
- Featured Artist: Zach Puchowitz | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on NEWS: Buy Online at The Glass House!
- Medical Marijuana Mysteries | The Glass House - Dallas Texas Smoke Shop, Tobacco Pipes & Papers - Powered by Clvr.Tv on Cannabis: Science vs. Politics